Thursday 13 February 2020

'Culture' Coach



The sportstalk about "team culture" and "what's the culture like in the locker room?", is talk that is really about one thing, in my mind. There is only one type of sports culture that matters; this is winning. Could I be a specialty instructor, for hire?? I've won 4 cups in 4 cities. I've won 3 cups with 3 different teams in 3 years. I was part of 2 other hockey championships (victories, but no cup available for these). Do I think I'm lucky? No. I was struggling financially. Does that make me any less a CHAMP? No. Truth is truth, no matter what. Does it matter what level the hockey was? No, still a champ just the same. Why do I think I had this success? In my opinion, I was just a small piece of the puzzle... enough to put these teams over the top. Sometimes that's all it takes. Yes, my conditioning was quite good. Yes, I put on about 20 lbs of muscle mass. Yes, I paid attention to karma. Every word matters. Every good deed matters. Every bite you have to eat matters. Supplements matter... you see? Everything you DO matters - and understanding your strengths, and knowing how to use them, matter. Did I know how to do complicated hockey drills? No, mostly I would be clueless. I did not have much hockey experience as a younger guy, growing up. However, if any team would like to hire me or any NHL player would like to hire me as his 'culture coach,' please contact me (malspaint@gmail.com).

1 comment:

  1. Your attitude and commitment is commendable!
    You are one of the most driven people I’ve ever met! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete